We want to reassure all clients of the measures that we are taking in light of the recent Coronavirus alert in China.
- Any member of staff who has visited China this year has not been allowed to return to work until sufficient time has passed to ensure that there is no chance of infection.
- We have not received any herbs or tea from China this year, and the virus cannot survive outside a host for more than 24 hours. Therefore there is no risk of any infection from herbs, tea or any other products.
- WE KINDLY REQUEST ALL CLIENTS TO DECLARE IF THEY HAVE BEEN TO CHINA IN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
- Have any of your doctors been in China recently?
Yes, we have 2 doctors returning from China, but they are not coming from Hubei province. They will stay at home in self-quarantine until we are certain that there is no chance of any infection.
- Do you see many clients returning from China?
No, over 99% of our clients are not from Chinese descent and have not visited China. We are asking any clients who have recently visited China to declare this to us.
- Have you received any herbs from China since the outbreak?
No, although there is no danger as it takes over a month for any goods to travel to us by sea and it is impossible for the virus to survive outside the host for more than 24 hours.
- Should we be worried?
Although any novel virus is a concern, it is worth putting everything into perspective. As of 5th Feb less than 0.002% of the Chinese population has been infected, and the fatality rate is less than 3%. While these figures will change, at present, it is important to be cautious and vigilant but avoid the panic caused by the media.